I’m always on the search for quick, easy, and healthy recipes that I can whip up in the kitchen. Especially now since I’m tweaking with the macronutrients in my diet, finding new recipes can be a bit of a challenge. Luckily for me, I came across an Instagram account that dramatically helped me out! If you don’t already follow him, check out @fitmencook. Not only is he extremely fit and in shape, but he can make some serious delicious recipes. He shares the recipes throughout Instagram, Youtube, and his Facebook channel so it should be easy for you to find some new recipes.
One that stood out to me earlier today were these mushroom sliders! Juicy, flavorful, and very simple to make. I bought all of my ingredients at Trader Joes, but you should definitely be able to pick them up at any grocery store. If you’re looking for a low-carb, tasty meal, full of protein and nutrients, give these sliders a try! You can easily switch up the ingredients by alternating different types of vegetables, meat, and cheese. Try a mexican style burger with jalapeño cheese, chicken, guacamole, and pico de gallo. Or give it an italian spin with prosciutto, basil leaves, and mozzarella cheese!
- 6 large mushrooms; stem removed
- 6 pieces of deli meat (ham, turkey, beef, chicken)
- 3 slices of a medium tomato
- handful of spinach
- 3 large basil leaves
- 6 small slices of cheese
- 1-2 Tbs BBQ sauce
- 3 kebab skewers
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 3 mushrooms cap side down.
- Add small handful of spinach into the bowl of each mushroom cap.
- Top with tomato slices.
- Add basil leaves on top.
- Fold up two slices of deli meat and place on top of the basil.
- Place cheese on top.
- Spoon small amount of BBQ sauce on top.
- Place remaining mushroom caps on top of the burger.
- Stick kebab skewers through the center of the burger.
- Place on baking sheet, wrap foil around burger to prevent it from tipping, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and dig in!
Today I filmed a short video on how to build these burgers. Check out my Instagram page @nicolejanaye to find out how to make these bad boys!