You can only make green smoothies, scrambled eggs, and pancakes so many times until you’re ready for something new. I’ll be honest with you, I’m a fan of breakfast routine and a creature of habit. The less thought and reasoning behind deciding what you’re going to eat for your first meal, the more energy can be spent somewhere else. However, sometimes you need to switch things up. Whether this change is just for you to keep things interesting, or perhaps you have a group of friends coming over for brunch, this single-serving frittata is right up your alley!
Not only is this dish incredibly simple to make, but it’s completely customizable. You can switch up the ingredients with whatever you have going on in the fridge. Have left over broccoli from the night before? Throw it in! Extra sliced turkey and ham from the other day? Add that. A little feta cheese and parmesan? Sure, why not?
To make things even more interesting, if you’re hosting a brunch-in with guests, try preparing a few options ahead of time. Cut up veggies and protein, set aside a few types of cheeses, and display a few herb and spice options for your guests to choose from. Not only will this technique give your guests the freedom to make their perfect frittata, but it gets them in the kitchen and excited to cook. Your guests will be so impressed when they see these incredibly delicious fritatta’s coming to their table. Print out this recipe ahead of time and let your guests leave with it in hand. They’ll be leaving happy, satisfied, and prepared to make this single-serving frittata all on their own!
Well, what are you waiting for? Get cooking!
- 3 slices of salami
- 1 mushroom
- 1/2 green onion
- 1/4 cup steamed broccoli
- 3 eggs
- 1 TBS unsweetened original almond milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- sliced green onion
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 16 ounce ramekin with coconut oil.
- Chop filling ingredients and place in ramekin.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg mix until fully incorporated, light, and fluffy.
- Combine the egg mixture with the filling in the ramekin.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Pull from the oven and add feta cheese.
- Place back in the oven and broil for 4-5 minutes. (Burns quickly so keep an eye on the frittata).
- Remove from the oven and top with sliced green onion.
- Serve immediately!