Falling off the wagon sucks.
It’s frustrating, mentally and physically debilitating, and makes you want to hide under the comforter and sleep all day and night, but it’s just a part of life. You don’t hear the saying “life’s a roller coaster” for no particular reason. There are ups and downs in this journey and it’s all just a part of the ride. The bad thing about the downs is that it makes us feel defeated, depressed, and can truly debilitate our success in life. However, there is good news. There is only growth that can become of it and an opportunity to learn from these experiences. It’s an opportunity to acknowledge the weakness, plan to make changes, and act on those changes to become more successful.
Regardless of your reason of falling off the wagon, there is only one thing left to do. Pick yourself up and get going again. Just because you’ve messed up once, for a day, or even an entire week doesn’t mean you should keep doing it. Make your next step a positive one that leads you in the right direction. Do something that makes you feel happy, healthy, and motivated.
Moral of the story, don’t dig yourself further into the dirt when you’ve fallen off the wagon. Remember that nobody is perfect and we all step back sometimes. It’s okay. Acknowledge your failures, mistakes, and bumps in the road. These are the parts of life that make you the strongest. Brush yourself off and get back on your feet. Everything will be okay.
These boats will leave you completely speechless. They’re crispy, crunchy, moist, and juicy all in one bite. I promise you won’t regret making these bad boys. Fire up the oven and get cooking!
- 3 large zucchinis; sliced lengthwise in half
- 12 cherry tomatoes; sliced in half
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp olive oil + 1 tsp
- 2 Tbsp panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp garlic; minced
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix olive oil, garlic, salt, and black pepper together in a small bowl.
- Use a grapefruit spoon (regular spoon will work too) and gently scrape out the inside of the zucchini and remove the seeds.
- Place zucchinis (cut side up) onto a baking sheet and coat them with the olive oil mixture.
- Place cut tomatoes inside the zucchinis.
- Drizzle with extra olive oil.
- Bake in over for 20-25 minutes or until soft to the touch.
- Remove from oven and top with panko bread crumbs and feta cheese.
- Adjust oven temperature to the broiler setting and bake zucchini boats for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.